Conserve Reclaimed Water
Water With Reclaimed Only When Needed
(Updated July 30, 2021)
Pasco County Utilities is asking for your help to increase conservation efforts by watering only when needed. Skip watering if it has been raining and only water if grass is showing signs of drying out. When grass is in need of water, it will wilt, curl, and turn a dull bluish-gray color. Please remember that irrigation is only supposed to supplement rainfall. Like potable water, reclaimed water is a limited resource and only what is needed should be used.
If you irrigate with reclaimed water, please adhere to the related local water ordinances, which means following this reclaimed water schedule:
|If your house number ends in:||Then you may water on:||Morning Hours|
|0 or 1||Tuesday and Friday||12:01 am - 8 am||OR||6 pm - 11:59 pm|
|2 or 3||Thursday and Sunday||12:01 am - 8 am||OR||6 pm - 11:59 pm|
|4 or 5||Monday and Friday||12:01 am - 8 am||OR||6 pm - 11:59 pm|
|6 or 7||Tuesday and Saturday||12:01 am - 8 am||OR||6 pm - 11:59 pm|
|8 or 9||Wednesday and Sunday||12:01 am - 8 am||OR||6 pm - 11:59 pm|
|Mixed or No Address||Wednesday and Sunday||12:01 am - 8 am|
|6 pm - 11:59 pm|
Regardless of the water source – no irrigation is allowed between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Water conservation is always important regardless of the water resource. If you choose to irrigate, please follow these best practices:
For Your Irrigation Controller…
- Make certain it hasn’t lost power and defaulted to factory settings.
- Ensure only one program is running (for example “Program A” is on and “Program B” and “Program C” are off.
- Remove the backup battery if you unplug your irrigation controller.
- Check the programing on your irrigation system by visiting bit.ly/PascoLawn.
For Your Irrigation System…
- Inspect sprinkler heads on a regular basis for misdirected, broken, or leaking parts.
- Skip irrigating during weeks when it rains.
- Turn off your irrigation system in winter (December, January, and February) when most grasses are dormant.
- Follow guidelines when establishing new sod and visit bit.ly/new-sod-care for more information about the 60 day establishment period.