The Pasco MPO is required to develop and adopt a Public Participation Plan (PPP). The PPP was adopted in May, 2018 and is located here: Draft Public Participation Plan (PDF). The Pasco MPO is proposing minor edits to the adopted PPP to incorporate the addition of the hybrid virtual meeting process and changes related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Per federal regulations, any amendments to the PPP require a 45-day public comment period. The Draft PPP with the proposed minor edit updates will be posted on the MPO’s website.
The public comment period begins April 23, 2021, and runs through June 10, 2021, and we’re making it easy for you to weigh in!
Please submit your comments on Pasco County MPO’s minor update to the PPP in any of the following ways:
- Social Media: Twitter, Facebook & Instagram using hashtag: #PascoMPOPPP
- E-mail: MPOComments@mypasco.net
- Phone: 727.847.8140, Ex. 7567; TTY: 800.955.8771
- Submit an MPO Public Comment form, available on the MPO’s website, by 5 p.m. May 4 or by 5 p.m. June 9, to be addressed during the public comment period of upcoming MPO meetings.
- In-Person Comments: MPO meetings are operating on a hybrid virtual basis. During public comment, you can speak about the draft PPP at a kiosk outside the West Pasco Government Center Boardroom at 8731 Citizens Drive, New Port Richey.
- Attend the Hybrid Virtual MPO Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting May 5, 2021, at 9:30 a.m. by clicking HERE, or participate in the meeting by phone by calling 408.418.9388.
- U.S. MAIL: Address comments to: Tania Gorman, Principal Planner, Pasco County Metropolitan Planning Organization, 8731 Citizens Drive, New Port Richey, FL, 34654
Please note: The deadline for providing comments is June 10, 2021.
As virtual opportunities through various social media platforms are explored by Pasco County, the MPO will conduct a major update to the PPP in 2022 to better represent public engagement activities, social equity access and performance measures.
To learn more about the Pasco County Metropolitan Planning Organization, please visit: bit.ly/PascoMPO
Following the public comment period, all feedback will be incorporated into the PPP and presented to the MPO Board for consideration and adoption at the June 10, 2021, Pasco MPO Board meeting.
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other nondiscrimination laws, public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, familial or income status. Para asistencia en español, comuníquese con el Especialista del Título VI al 727-847-8140.
If you have questions, please contact Tania Gorman at email@example.com or 727-847-8140, ext. 7567.