Federal Certification Review
Every four years the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) conduct a review of the Pasco County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) transportation planning process as required by law. The primary purpose of the certification review is to evaluate the MPO’s compliance as part of the Tampa Bay Transportation Management Area (TMA). The Tampa Bay Transportation Management Area consists of Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough Metropolitan Planning Organizations. As a part of the review, a certification process will occur to review the MPO transportation planning processes. During the certification process the public is welcome to provide comments on the transportation planning efforts in Pasco and the Tampa Bay Transportation Management Area.
The public is encouraged to participate by attending the virtual review and/or by providing input to the Federal Review Team. Public comments may be submitted starting on January 26, 2021 through February 26, 2021.
Please share your thoughts on the Pasco County MPO's work by submitting comments any of the listed ways below:
- TWITTER - Tweet us using hashtag #PascoMPOFederalReview
- FACEBOOK - Provide comments in MPO posts @PascoCountyDevelopmentServices
- INSTAGRAM - Provide comments in MPO posts @pascodevservices
- EMAIL - email@example.com
- U.S. MAIL - Address to: Tania Gorman, Principal Planner Pasco County, Metropolitan Planning Organization 8731 Citizens Drive New Port Richey, FL 34654
- FEDERAL WEBPAGE - Go to: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/fldiv/tma.cfm Comments can be submitted by clicking on the Tampa Bay TMA and state that you are providing comments on the Pasco County MPO.
- VOICEMAIL - Leave a voicemail message at 727-847-8140 ext. 7567 (will be transcribed and forwarded)
- LIVE VIRTUAL REVIEW - Attend a Virtual Review via WebEx Meeting on January 26, 2021 from 8:30am - 1:00pm HERE.
- CALL-IN LIVE - Call 1-408-418-9388 during the Virtual Review Meeting to speak to the Review Team directly from 8:30am-1:30pm. Time limits based on response.
The deadline for providing comments is February 26, 2021.
All public comments were considered in the 2017 federal report on the TMA's performance shown below:
Following the comment period, comments will be reviewed and submitted to the Federal Highway and the Federal Transit Administrations along with other supporting documentation if provided by citizens, stakeholders and staff.
Federal Highway and Federal Transit Administrations will finalize and submit the Tampa Bay TMA Report through an approval process, which typically takes three to six months to complete. The Pasco County Metropolitan Planning Organization anticipates a presentation of the finalized report to the MPO Board June of 2021. Upon MPO Board review, MPO staff will review and address any and all recommendations, findings, or corrective actions.
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other nondiscrimination laws, public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, familial, or income status. Para asistencia en español, comuníquese con el Especialista del Título VI al 727-847-8140.
If you have questions, please contact Tania Gorman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-847-8140 ext. 7567 with the Pasco County MPO.
Members of the Federal Review Team can be reached at:
Teresa Parker | Transportation Planning Specialist-Federal Highway Administration | 407-867-6415 | Teresa.email@example.com
Brittany Lavender | Community Planner-Federal Transit Administration | 404-865-5600 | firstname.lastname@example.org