Pasco CARES Small Business Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Reimbursement Program
Pasco County has set aside $1,000,000 from the CARES Act to reimburse small business owners for purchasing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Pasco County will provide reimbursement on a first-come, first-served basis through an online application, The cap for this program has been raised from $1,000 to $1,500 per business.
If your business has already received funding through this grant, you can reapply to be reimbursed for additional eligible expenses; however, the total amount of your reimbursement through this program cannot exceed $1,500.
This assistance is available through December 14, 2020, or until funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
Business eligibility is based on the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program for COVID-19 requirements.
Businesses must be:
- A for-profit, privately-held, small business that maintains a place of business in Pasco County and was established prior to March 1, 2020.
- A small business with 2 to 50 employees.
- A small business with a majority of employees residing in Pasco County.
- A business deriving more than one-third of gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities.
- A business engaged in any illegal activity.
- A business that presents live performances of an indecent sexual nature or derives directly or indirectly more than 2.5% of gross revenues through the sales of products and services, or the presentation of any depictions or displays, of an indecent sexual nature.
- A business that has a primary purpose of facilitating polyamorous relationships.
- Massage parlors.
- Hot tub facilities.
- Escort services.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Covered:
PPE covered is based on the recommendations in the OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 and the CDC. Purchases must have been made on or after March 1, 2020. Tax will not be reimbursed.
Eligible PPE for reimbursement:
- Face Masks / Respirators
- Face Shields
- Eye Protection
- Hand Sanitizer with an alcohol content 60% or higher
- Disinfecting products identified on the US Environmental Protection Agency’s website of disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2
- Proof of business address in Pasco County verified by the State of Florida Division of Corporations: Sunbiz.org
- List of employees and their addresses.
- Completed IRS W-9 Form
- Receipt or invoice for PPE containing the following information:
- Date of purchase
- Seller / Vendor Information (Name, Address, Phone Number as available)
- Description of item purchased, clearly identifying the item as an approved PPE for reimbursement.
- Purchase amount
- Proof item has been purchased
- Stamp at bottom of receipt form vendor showing method of payment
- Invoice identifying how merchandise was purchased
- Image of front and back of a processed check
- Additional documentation such as a bank statement or credit card statement may be requested as needed to prove payment.
**Please block out or omit account numbers if sending credit card or bank statements.
- Pasco County IT created an application form, which will be posted and processed through the Pasco County website via a portal.
- Pasco County Emergency Management (EM) will receive the applications through the portal, verify the applicant’s eligibility, review supporting documentation, and then will contact the applicant.
- EM will contact the applicant within 14 business days of receiving the application and discuss approval of the application or issues noted.
- EM will make two attempts (1 business day apart) via phone call and e-mail to contact the applicant.
- Applicants will be required to submit any requested documentation within 2 business days from initial contact or time of the second attempt of correspondence to receive assistance, or they will need to reapply.
- If applicant does not submit requested documents by this time, they will be deemed ineligible until they reapply proving otherwise.
- Once all documentation is provided, EM will verify the documentation for program eligibility. Once complete eligibility is established, EM will work with Pasco County Fiscal Services to issue a check up to $1,500 to the applicant for reimbursement of approved PPE purchase.
Pasco County representatives will contact the applicant with instructions on how to upload required documentation to support this application.