Our mission is to serve our constituents by ensuring all contractors that provide a service for our citizens in our community are properly licensed and insured. We will accomplish this by providing excellent service, streamlining business processes, implementing innovative technologies, and proactively engaging customers while enforcing all applicable Pasco County regulations.
If you’re a contractor already registered in our system and you need to update your contact information, please create an account in the New Residential Permits Accela and All Other Permits Accela. Then you can email Contractor Licensing so we can make sure the information is updated correctly.
If you’re a homeowner and need to check to see if a contractor your are hiring is licensed, please click on the Accela links above and search the information under the Contractor Licensing tab. You can also email Contractor Licensing the information you are looking for and we will research for you.
The Contractor Licensing Section stores and processes information related to contractor licensing such as changes of address, Workers’ Compensation, bonds and insurance.
In order for a licensed contractor to be able to pull building permits, be listed as a subcontractor on a building permit and to obtain inspections in unincorporated Pasco County, the contractor must first register with the Contractor Licensing Section.
It is the contractor’s responsibility to ensure that all licensing information on file with Pasco County is current.
WAYS TO REGISTER YOUR STATE CERTIFIED LICENSE OR APPLY FOR A COUNTY CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY CARD:
- Choose a citizen portal and register as a new user based upon needs:
- Accela for New Residential Only
- Accela for all other Permits
- Login to your Accela account and apply to register your State Certified License by clicking the licenses button.
- After reading the terms and conditions make sure to check the box.
- Continue to the application and select Certified Contractor Application.
- Follow the Prompts
- Once Submitted our team will review and return and email back to you.
- You can also apply for a Local County Competency License thru Accela just follow the instructions for County Contractor Application after you register for an account.
- You can also email us at email@example.com if you would like a downloadable application emailed to you.