Clearance Checklist for Water/Wastewater
Pasco County Utilities Clearance Checklist for Water/Wastewater
Minimum required submittals for Clearance:
- Provide two (2) sets each of FDEP Certification of Completion and/or Approval to Place Water and/or Wastewater into Operation. Simultaneous submittal of both water and wastewater approval are required. Applications for Certification of Completion can be found on the County’s webpage under Utilities Forms.
For “Partial Water Clearance for Fire Safety” submit the certification for water clearance indicating “Partial Fire Safety Clearance”, include Bacteriological tests for two consecutive days, hydrostatic test and a single record drawing showing test sample points.
- Provide Bacteriological test results for two consecutive days. Pasco County Utilities Department requires tests to be submitted within 30 days of certification of the water system, which have been performed in the presence of County staff and the engineer or his representative.
- Provide Hydrostatic and Leakage Test Reports, which have been performed in the presence of County staff and the engineer or his representative. The engineer must submit in writing on his firm’s letterhead attesting to satisfactory tests results.
- Provide two (2) CD disks containing record drawings in AutoCAD 2000 or later PDF formats showing entire utility system. All CAD drawings shall conform to Florida State Plane Coordinate System. PDF format must have color coded lines, i.e. water - blue, sewer - green and reclaimed water - magenta. PDF and AutoCAD files must include engineer’s seal per “State of Florida Chapter 61G15 - Seals. Both formats are required on each disk. Instructions for creating a PDF file can be found on the County’s web page.
- Provide two (2) signed and sealed sets of Record Drawing for entire utilities system, including a cover page, site plan page, utilities construction pages and details.
- Provide Engineer’s Certificate of Cost Estimate in the Utilities format for all costs associated to construction in the public right of way for review and approval.
- Provide Maintenance Guarantee in the approved Utilities format for one (1) year warranty period; either a Maintenance Bond , Letter of Credit or Cash at 15 percent of asset value as determine by the cost estimate. If EOR Cost Estimate is under $5,000.00, no maintenance bond is needed.
- Provide a Bill of Sale including Exhibits A (legal description and sketch) and B (EOR Cost Estimate with detailed back-up) signed by the developer/owner to the County transferring ownership of all facilities constructed for provision of service to the developments.
- Provide a certified as-built survey from a Professional Land Surveyor showing dimensions for all pump station-related structures; appurtenances; underground piping; and surface elevations of the pump station slab, manhole cover, curb, driveway, etc., as measured from the property line for County owned and maintained pump station sites and properties, formatted on legal sized paper and presented to the Utilities Services Branch at the time of pump station start-up. The parcel shall be in a location and grade acceptable to Pasco County Utility, with proper access and shall not be less than 50’ x 50’ in size. In cases in which a triplex pump station is used a 100’ x 100’ parcel is required. All wastewater pump stations to be owned and maintained by the Pasco County Utilities Services Branch must be constructed on a dedicated site, which must be formally conveyed to the County by Deed as a fee-simple parcel or conveyed by plat as a tract; no pump station easements will be accepted. No quit claim deeds will be accepted.
- Provide Operation & Maintenance Manual for wastewater pump station.
Additional requirements, if applicable: (Private Pump Station)
- Provide a letter listing the pump station emergency personnel contact, including the name and phone number available 24 hrs/7 days a week. A weather-resistant label listing the emergency contact phone number must be placed on the outside of the electrical panel box.
|Warning: You are not authorized to place any facilities In-Service without submittal and approval of these checklist items. The County will not set meters or authorize any service connections to the Utility system unless all items have been submitted and approved by the County.|