Veterans Memorial Park
14333 Hicks Rd.
Hudson, FL 34669
Hours of Operation
Park: 7 days a week 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Recreation Center: Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Closed on Sundays
This large community park consists of 49 acres and there is something for everyone at this facility. Whether it's sports, swimming, aerobics, dance or karate class, or just enjoying a walk in the park, this is the place to be. You will find a large recreation building with a gymnasium as well as several sports fields and a pool building with an outdoor pool.
- (2) Jr. High Basketball Courts
- (1) High School Court
- (2) Volleyball Courts
- (2) Large Activity Rooms that are used for karate, yoga, arts and crafts and several other types of instructional classes. These rooms can be reserved for birthday parties, baby or wedding showers, or meetings.
- Softball Fields
- Soccer Fields
- Tennis and Racquetball Courts
- Basketball Courts
- Multi-purpose Court
- Press boxes with Concessions and Restrooms
- Volleyball Court
- Fitness Trail (5,428 ft. (over 1/2 a mile) with (8) exercise stations, and bicycle racks. (dog's permitted for walk on fitness trail but they must be on a leash and please pick up after your dogs.
- Park Benches
- Picnic Tables
- Charcoal Grills
- Outdoor pool (75' x 75') with a diving area (25' x 25') and a one-meter diving board.
- Pool is open to the public starting on Memorial Day weekend on weekends only. After school lets out, the pool will re-open everyday for the summer months to the end of August, then open on weekends only until Labor Day.
- The pool is closed on Mondays for maintenance (except for Holidays).
- Please read and obey the swimming pool facility rules that are posted in the pool area.
- Meeting and Activity room fees vary depending on category type.
- Shelter fees vary depending on category type.
- Athletic fields vary depending on category type. Facility Use Fees (PDF) Opens a New Window. .
- Make a reservation online with a credit card (Convenience fee will apply):
|Monday and Wednesday||Pickle Ball - Open Play||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., 13 years of age and older, Free|
|Tuesday and Thursday||Pickle Ball - Shootout||8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., 18 years of age and older, $5.00 per month|
|Tuesday||Tiny Tots||11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for 1 to 4 years of age, Parents stay with the child, Free|
|Tuesday||Basic Wood Carving Workshop||12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., 18 years of age and older, Free|
|Tuesday and Thursday||Karate||
Intermediate - 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. for 6 years of age and older, Beginner - 7:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. for 6 years of age and older, Adult - 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for 13 years of age and older, $35.00 per month, $25 per month for additional family member
|Tuesday||All American Youth Activities of Florida Dance Class||6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. for 5 to 7 years old, 7:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. for 8 years of age and older, $7.00 per class|
|Wednesday||Open Volleyball||6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., All ages welcome, Free|
|Wednesday||All American Youth Activities of Florida Youth Self Defense||6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. for 5 to 7 years old, 7:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. for 8 years of age and older, $7.00 per class|
|Thursday||All American Youth Activities of Florida Cheerleading Class||6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. for 5 to 6 years old, 7:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. for 7 to 9 years old, 8:00 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. for for 10 years of age and older, $7.00 per class|
|Friday||Tiny Tots||9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for 1 to 4 years of age. Parents stay with child, Free|
|Saturday||Pristine Flow Dance Class
with Celia Farmer
|10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for 3 to 5 years of age, $7.00 per class, Beginning and intermediate classes available|