Summer Day Camp Resident Youth Scholarship Program
The scholarship program is available to Pasco County Residents ages 5 to 13 years of age.
The Florida Income Eligibility Guidelines for Free and Reduced Price Meals, from the Pasco County School Board, are the guidelines utilized by the Parks, Recreation & Natural Resources Department for awarding scholarships.
To be considered for scholarship assistance, applicants must meet the following requirements:
· Parent, legal guardian, or custodian must provide two proofs of identification that verify they reside in Pasco County.
· Letter from school confirming current eligibility in the Florida free meal program.
· A one page letter from the child expressing why participation in the program is important to them. Parents may complete the letter for children who are too young to write.
· Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the scholarship form and get more information.
· The Pasco County Parks, Recreation & Natural Resources Department will begin accepting scholarship applications March 9, 2020. Applications will be accepted until all available funds have been allocated. Scholarship recipients must register for their site of approval between April 13 and April 17, 2020. Failure to register between these dates will result in a loss of this scholarship. Registration must be completed at one of the following locations:
J. Ben Harrill Recreation Complex
2830 Gulf Trace Blvd, Holiday, FL 34691
Land O’ Lakes Recreation Complex
3032 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes, FL 34639
Veterans Memorial Park
14333 Hicks Road, Hudson, FL 34669
· All supporting documents must accompany the application for the request to be considered. Incomplete applications will be denied.
· Requests are handled on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Parks, Recreation & Natural Resources Department is not responsible for applications lost in the mail.
· Scholarship approval does not guarantee enrollment into the Summer Day Camp program. Applicant must follow the registration procedure for the program. Check your site of interest for registration dates or call (813) 929-1229.
· Applicants that qualify for free lunch will receive 50% off the price of their requested camp program up to $150. Forms provided by the school board must be from the most recent school year.
· Eligible programs are the Pasco County Parks, Recreation & Natural Resources Department ’s Summer Day Camp program.
· Limit 1 camp program per child per calendar year. Limit 2 children per family per calendar year. Family benefit limit may not exceed $150 in a calendar year.
· Applicant receiving scholarship funds from another agency will not be eligible for a scholarship.
· All other possible scholarship opportunities may be relinquished if a scholarship recipient does not show up for a program with out notice.
· Scholarships will only be granted if funds are available. Recipients will be notified by email.
· We thank the scholarship recipients and their parent/guardians for abiding by all rules and regulations and for always displaying appropriate behavior, acting in a courteous respectable manner while participating in County-sponsored activities.
· For additional information, please contact our administrative office at (813) 929-2760.