Summer Day Camp Resident Youth Scholarship Program
The scholarship program is available to Pasco County Residents ages 5 to 13 years of age.
The Florida Income Eligibility Guidelines for Free and Reduced Price Meals, from the Pasco County School Board, are the guidelines utilized by the Parks, Recreation & Natural Resources Department for awarding scholarships.
To be considered for scholarship assistance, applicants must meet the following requirements:
· Parent, legal guardian, or custodian must provide two proofs of identification that verify they reside in Pasco County.
· Letter from school confirming current eligibility in the Florida free meal program.
· A one page letter from the child expressing why participation in the program is important to them. Parents may complete the letter for children who are too young to write.
· Complete the Resident Scholarship Application form and deliver to or send to the attention of :
Pasco County Parks, Recreation & Natural Resources Department
Youth Scholarship Program
4111 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., Suite 202, Land O’ Lakes, FL 34639-4402
· The Pasco County Parks, Recreation & Natural Resources Department will begin accepting scholarship applications March 11 through March 29, 2019. Applications post marked after March 29 will not be accepted. Scholarship recipients must register at their site of approval between April 8 and April 12, 2019.
· All supporting documents must accompany the application for the request to be considered. Incomplete applications will be denied.
· Requests are handled on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Parks, Recreation & Natural Resources Department is not responsible for applications lost in the mail.
· Scholarship approval does not guarantee enrollment into the Summer Day Camp program. Applicant must follow the registration procedure for the program. Check your site of interest for registration dates or call (813) 929-1229.
· Applicants that qualify for free lunch will receive 50% off the price of their requested camp program up to $150. Forms provided by the school board must be from the most recent school year.
· Eligible programs are the Pasco County Parks, Recreation & Natural Resources Department ’s Summer Day Camp program.
· Limit 1 camp program per child per calendar year. Limit 2 children per family per calendar year. Family benefit limit may not exceed $150 in a calendar year.
· Applicant receiving scholarship funds from another agency will not be eligible for a scholarship.
· All other possible scholarship opportunities may be relinquished if a scholarship recipient does not show up for a program with out notice.
· Scholarships will only be granted if funds are available. Recipients will be notified by email.
· We thank the scholarship recipients and their parent/guardians for abiding by all rules and regulations and for always displaying appropriate behavior, acting in a courteous respectable manner while participating in County-sponsored activities.
· For additional information, please contact our administrative office at (813) 929-2760.