Solid Waste & Resource Recovery (Landfill)
Pasco County does not pick up your garbage. Please click here for more information about Curbside Garbage Pickup.
Click here for waste hauler contact information.
Correct Public Hearing Date for Solid Waste and Non-Ad Valorem Final Assessment Rates is September 15, 2021 at 9:00am at the Historic Courthouse in Dade City, FL
Recently, annual TRIM (Truth in Millage) Notices were sent which included inserts relaying information on the public hearing for the final non-ad valorem assessment rates for Solid Waste and the Quail Hollow Municipal Service Benefit Unit (MSBU). While the TRIM lists this date correctly, the inserts erroneously state the date of the public hearing as September 13, 2021. The CORRECT DATE, TIME, AND PLACE for the public hearing for the final assessment rates for Solid Waste, Quail Hollow MSBU, Williamsburg West Municipal Benefit Taxing Unit (MSTU), and Fox Ridge (MSBU) is September 15, 2021, 9:00 a.m., at the Historic Courthouse, 37918 Meridian Avenue, Dade City, FL 33525
For additional information please contact Solid Waste Customer Service at (727) 847-8123 or Public Infrastructure Fiscal and Business Administration – MSBUs at (813) 235-6196 ext 6899
Please click to view our Solid Waste Facility Site map to help you navigate our drop-off sites. Proof of Pasco County residency is required for services.
The main goals of the Solid Waste and Resource Recovery Department are:
- To address hazardous waste levels generated in order that citizens and small businesses of Pasco County may dispose of hazardous waste in an environmentally-safe manner and remove such materials from the municipal solid waste stream.
- To apply industry-acceptable methods of preventable marketable raw materials from entering the waste stream
- To provide an integrated and comprehensive solid waste management system for the citizens of Pasco County.
We strive to reach these goals by:
- Operating the County's household hazardous waste collection and storage facilities and to manage the state mandated Small Quantity Generators Inspection Program to address business and hazardous waste generators.
- Providing leadership and direction in the employment of available resources to comply with County policies, County ordinances and state and federal regulations regarding solid waste management.
- Supervising the Resource Recovery assessment program, the Hazardous Waste program, and the Solid Waste Recycling program; to maintain continued involvement in the operation of the Resource Recovery Facility and associated landfill expansion and development; and to oversee capital projects as funded by bond issues.