FGUA/Pasco Aqua System Acquisition: PCU welcomes new customers and is committed to a smooth transition ... Read More
Utilities COVID-19 Trash: Starting Saturday, April 25, 2020, the West Pasco Resource Recovery Facility, East Pasco Transfer Station and a standalone recyclable drop-off location will reopen for residential waste and recycling disposal. This change restores services that previously limited residential trash drop-offs on April 4, 2020. ... Read More
Utilities COVID-19 Customer Service: As a reminder, Customer Service remains available for Pasco County Utilities. The Land O’ Lakes and New Port Richey Customer Service Centers will be closed to customers and the general public. Drive-through services will remain open at both locations from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Dade City location will remain open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. ... Read More
Utilities COVID-19 Water & Wastewater: Water from your tap remains safe to drink and use. According the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking-water supplies and based on current evidence the risk to water supplies is low. What you need to know about your water and wastewater ... Read More
Utilities COVID-19 Engineering Department: Pasco County Utilities (PCU) Engineering Department is only accepting online submittals, or those sent via mail or FedEx. In-person meetings will NOT be held at this time ... Read More
Pasco County COVID-19: Stay informed on all Pasco County schedule changes or interruptions ... Visit bit.ly/PascoClosings
New Rates: Pasco County Utilities customers will see rate changes reflected in their monthly water, wastewater, and reclaim water bill, beginning February 2020. The average residential customer using 6,000 gallons of water would see a difference of $1.48. Learn More and View New Rates.
Reconnect Services: Due to non-payment ... Read More
- How do I transfer my water/sewer services to a new account?
- What are the fees to open a water/sewer account?
- How far in advance should I submit a request to have my utility account activated or deactivated?
- How do I close my water/sewer account?
- What is the after hours emergency repair phone number for Utilities Maintenance?
- Who do I contact to ask question about my water/sewer account?
- What can I do if I think my water meter is faulty?
- What is the phone number to call for safe digging?