Click to HomeGovernmentResidentsBusinessHow Do I...

Go To Search
Contractor Licensing

BEWARE of UNLICENSED CONTRACTORS! See how to protect yourself from becoming  a victim in this video:

Responsibilities & Services

The Contractor Licensing Section stores and processes information related to contractor licensing such as changes of address, Workers' Compensation, bonds and insurance.

In order for a licensed contractor to be able to pull building permits, be listed as a subcontractor on a building permit and to obtain inspections in unincorporated Pasco County, the contractor must first register with the Contractor Licensing Section.

It is the contractor's responsibility to ensure that all licensing information on file with Pasco County is current. 

Contractor Licensing



To record or update your STATE CERTIFIED license in Pasco County, please  download and fill out our State Certified Maintenance Form and follow the instructions. Then go into our Accela system ( and register for an account: after doing so please email  stating you like to be linked to your license so you can obtain permits and inspections on line. In the email please include your user id and your license number to be linked. If you have any other questions please contact us at (727) 847-8009.

To apply for a certificate of competency to become a local license contractor please download our 
Certificate of Competency Application and follow all the instructions. You will need to order a credit report from one of the companies on this Credit Report List to be sent to us. Please mail or bring in the original certificate of competency to our office.  We will then review the application and contact you. 

Do you need to renew your certificate of competency card? Please email
requesting us to renew. We will then give you further instructions. Please include your name and license number in your email. Thanks.

If you like to see if a contractor is registered and current in our county; please go into our new Accela system ( and search by name. If you need assistance please email us with your question and we will get back to you.

To report unlicensed contractors please put in a complaint at our 
Customer Service Center, or call 727-847-8009.

To update your workers comp with us please email a copy of the certificate of insurance or a copy of your workers comp exemption to 
 and include your name and license number in the email.


Any other questions or concerns please email me. Thank you, Debbie Jadick.

Effective 11-6-17:  

All Central Permitting offices will close at 4:00 p.m.
Please note, no payments will be processed in the office after 3:30p.m. Payments are accepted online 24 hours a day. 


Protect Yourself & Others

Unlicensed Contracting? Call the Department of Business and Professional Regulation toll-free at 1-866-532-1440 or go to their website to report unlicensed activity.

Contractor License
Want to apply for a Contractor License? The 
Application is the starting point, complete this form and provide all the required information to the Pasco County Contractor Licensing Office.

Insurance Documents
If you would like to send in your insurance documents related to Contractor Licenses, please email them to

Additional questions or assistance:
Phone: (727) 847-8009