Since public outreach is a crucial component of the PDRP, strategies to inform and engage the local community were employed throughout the planning process. Outreach efforts for Pasco County's PDRP focused on a number of things. Some of the critical aspects covered during outreach included - educating the general public about post-disaster risks and opportunities, generating awareness about the Plan, and understanding local needs and concerns about post-disaster reconstruction.
Public Outreach Events
Several meetings, workshops, and public events have been conducted throughout the PDRP planning phase. The following is a list of events through which the Plan was introduced to the local communities.
- Saturday, June 9, 2012: Hurricane Expo, Lions Club, Zephyrhills, FL.
- Saturday, June 4, 2012: Hurricane Expo, J. Ben Harrill Recreation Complex, Holiday, FL.
- Thursday, March 1, 2012: Hudson Rotary Club, Beacon Woods, FL.
- Monday, February 2012: Staff Development Day Workshop, West Pasco Government Center, NPR, FL.
- January 18, 2012: Tourism Development Council, Board Room, West Pasco Government Center, NPR, FL.
- Nov. 18 to 20, 2011: Pasco County Ecofest.
- Oct. to Nov. 2011: West Market Redevelopment Plan Workshops.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2011: PDRP Booth, ‘Good Neighbor Night’, 1655 Partridge Boulevard, Chrystal Springs, FL.
- Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011: PDRP Booth, Health Fair, St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church, 8320 Old County Rd. 54, NPR, FL.
- Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2011: ‘National Night Out’ Main Street festival, Main St. Zephyrhills, FL.
- Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2011: Water’s Edge Clubhouse, 9019 Creedmoor Ln, NPR, FL.
- March - May 2011: West Market Redevelopment Plan Workshops.
- Saturday, May 14, 2011: Hurricane Expo, New Port Richey Recreation Center, 6630 Van Buren Street, NPR, FL.
We are always looking for additional opportunities for outreach. Please let us know if you have any questions, would like to know more about the Plan, or are aware of any opportunity within your community for increasing awareness about the Plan.