Rules & Regulations
Parking and Storage of Commercial Vehicles and Commercial Equipment in certain Residential Areas is prohibited. Sec 530.16 (PDF).
Parking in Unincorporated Areas
No commercial vehicles and no commercially related equipment shall be permitted to park or be stored in any areas of the unincorporated County which are zoned R-1 Rural Density Residential, R-2 Low Density Residential, R-3 Medium Density Residential, R-4 High Density Residential, R-MH Mobile Home, R-1MH Single-Family/Mobile Home, R-2MH Rural Density Mobile
Home, PUD Planned Unit Development, MF-1 Multiple Family Medium Density, MF-2 Multiple Family High Density, MF-3 Multiple Family High Density, E-R Estate-Residential, ER-2 Estate-Residential, A-R Agricultural-Residential, and AR-1 Agricultural-Residential Zoning Districts, except when such commercial vehicles and equipment are being utilized as part of a business lawfully operating in the said zoning districts. The following are specifically exempt from this section:
- Properties zoned A-C agricultural and AC-1 agricultural.
- Properties larger than five (5) acres zoned A-R agricultural-residential and AR-1 agricultural-residential.
- Properties with a bona fide agricultural classification, as determined by the County Property Appraiser, when the vehicle or equipment are related to the agricultural use of the property.
The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
- Commercial vehicle parked in a residential neighborhood while the operator of the said commercial vehicle is making a delivery or conducting business within the said residential area or when the commercial vehicle or equipment is parked or stored within an enclosed structure.
- The use of a commons area in any residentially zoned neighborhood for the parking of a commercial vehicle, provided that the commons area is actually used as a commons area or is duly recorded and platted as a commons area, and provided further that the use of the said commercial vehicle is for the benefit of the community in which it is situated, or the use is for the benefit of a charitable project sponsored by the community as a whole or sponsored by any civic or charitable group within the community. For purposes of this Subsection only, community is defined as the residentially zoned neighborhood which is serviced by the commons area.
Any use of E-R Estate-Residential, R-1 Rural Density Residential, R-2 Low Density Residential, R-3 Medium Density Residential, R-4 High Density Residential, R-MH Mobile Home, R-1MH Single-Family/Mobile Home, R-2MH Rural Density Mobile Home, PUD Planned Unit Development, MF-1 Multiple Family Medium Density, MF-2 Multiple Family High Density, or MF-3 Multiple Family High Density zoned property for the parking or storing of commercial vehicles or equipment prior to the adoption of this section shall not be considered a nonconforming use.
Nothing in this section is intended to authorize the use of residentially zoned property for commercial or industrial activities that are not permitted uses of the zoning district where the commercial vehicle or equipment is parked or stored.